If you do not want your personal information to be used in the ways set out here please do not use our site or submit personal information to us through it.
2. Identity of the Data Controller
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the (the Act), the data controller is Tangerine Confectionery Limited registered in England and Wales with our registered office at Quality House, Vicarage Lane, Blackpool FY4 4NQ and whose registered company number is 02025064. We are registered under the Act and our registration number is Z7144263.
3. What Personal Data We Collect
We will collect the personal data included in emails you send to us, from material posted by you on our site, from online forms which you complete and from any other ways you communicate with us. Such personal data may include, but will not be limited to, name, address, age, email address and other personal details. Some information you will have to provide and giving other information is voluntary. We will make it clear which personal data you have to give at the point of collection. If you do not provide the personal data which you have to, you may not be able to enjoy the full benefits of the site (for example, participating in any competitions).
4. What Other Information We Collect
In addition to the personal data we collect as explained above, we may collect other information about your visits to our site and about your computer. Such other information collected may include, but will not be limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, the resources that you access, when you access our site, when you leave our site, your IP address, your operating system and browser type. This other information is collected by cookies, please see below for more details in relation to cookies.
5. How We Use The Personal Information
We will use such personal information collected:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to supply you with information you have requested;
- to respond to queries, suggestions or complaints;
- to provide you with information on our products and services and to conduct competitions, surveys and market research (including by email and other electronic methods if you have chosen to receive marketing material by such methods) unless you have opted out of receiving such information;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive part of our site if you choose to do so;
- for administration purposes (including your access to our site);
- to monitor the use of our site;
- to collate, analyse and report on aggregate, anonymised personal information about users of our site; and
- to maintain our business records and keep a record of all the above activities.
6. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We will keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described above.
For more information in relation to cookies, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
8. Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will of course comply with our legal obligations but we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site therefore any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorised access.
As mentioned above in relation to cookies the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area, including but not limited to in the United States of America and other countries where data protection and privacy protection may be lower. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us or one of our suppliers including Google. By using our site and/or providing us with personal information you are agreeing to this transfer, storing and processing.
9. Your Personal Information and Third Parties
We shall not release the personal information we collect to any third parties unless:
- it is to Google as set out above;
- we are obliged or permitted to do so by law;
- we need to in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and/or other agreements between us;
- material uploaded or posted by you on our site violates the rights of a third party;
- we need to protect ourselves, our group companies, customers, the public and/or property (which may include us exchanging personal information and other information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- fraud or other criminal conduct is suspected (in which case we may disclose personal information to the police and other relevant authorities);
- we have your consent to do so;
- it is necessary to do so to provide the products and services chosen by you;
- we sell any of our business assets we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller of such business assets; and/or
- all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not disclose personal data to our advertisers, but we may provide them with other aggregate anonymised information about users of our site. We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
11. Links To Other Websites
12. Your Rights
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To exercise this right please contact us using one of the methods set out on our Contact Us page. The Act gives you the right to access details of the personal data held about you which can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you believe there is a problem with the way we use your personal data. Please see www.ico.gov.uk for details.
13. Contact Us
If any information which you have provided us becomes inaccurate or out of date or if you have any questions or concerns about the personal information or other information we hold about you and how we use it, please contact us using one of the methods set out on our Contact Us page.